Monday, June 13, 2005

contests

I thought maybe (why do all the fonts look the same when I type them here?) I'd mention a couple of contests --- I've frittered away a couple of hours getting submissions ready, and
could use some competition --- I mean I KNOW I'm the only poet in the US who has entered
these contests so far.

An easy one to enter is Literal Latte (www.literal-latte.com for guidelines).
A picky one is The Comstock Review (www.comstockreview.org)
I also entered the Bitter Oleander one, though my poems are nothing like what they
publish. Their postmark deadline is June 15th (www.bitteroleander.com).
And if you have travel/foreign culture poems or if you're a woman and have a lyric poem 21
lines or less, the New England Poetry Club has a contest for you (www.nepoetryclub.org)

Of course, any of you who subscribe to Poets & Writers has all this info at your fingertips, unless of course the latest issue is buried under a stack of mail. Actually, my new issue came today and
these contests are in the old issue.

I'm afraid this accidental blog got my day off to entirely the wrong sort of start --- I've been doing everything BUT consulting my ECE materials. I never enter contests, for example. I mean never is a relative term: I enter book contests with huge cash prizes and spend five months
spending the money mentally, until I finally receive the notification that Betty Boop in
Bad Butte, Montana has won with her collection: "Sunsets, Waterfalls and Adorable Kittens."

So anyway, may the poetry gods and my fellow poets forgive me for this blog. Happy writing to all.
---Harriet

1 Comments:

Blogger Marci Rae Johnson said...

Teneice, I've got a list of good places to get published on my blog, poetryfactory.blogspot.com. Maybe that will help!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home